Ethical / Environment Policy:
Huemankind are dedicated to operating under ethical and environmentally friendly practices during our production processes. We're working hard to continue refining these processes because it's a commitment we don't take lightly. One of our main goals is to remove plastic packaging entirely, but in the meantime our current environmental policy is as follows:
- All of our staff are paid above the national living wage, regardless of age.
- Our DTG printers use only water-based inks. They're OEKO-TEX® approved (they don't contain any regulated or unregulated chemicals harmful to the environment).
- Our collection offers a wide variety of organic and fair wear accredited garments.
- All the excess and waste cardboard and paper we produce is recycled.
- Waste ink is unavoidable, but we dispose of ours responsibly.
- Failed prints are also unavoidable, and as of 1st March 2018 all products that failed quality checks will be donated to charity.
- DPD, one of our delivery partners, have a carbon neutral commitment.
- From April 2018 the packaging used to ship all orders is either 100% recyclable or biodegradable, or both.
- Some of our items are fully manufactured in the UK and you can be confident these are produced responsibly and ethically. These products include our tote bags.